Tales of our tiny family.

Fancy Shampoo

I hardly ever get fancy shampoo. I usually buy the kind they have at dollar tree. But last time I went to Smith's a saw some Pantene on sale for around a dollar. I thought, "Great, I can afford the expensive kind!" I thought the bottle said for women who color breakage defense. I had some wild times in China experimenting on my hair and also often use a striat iron so I figured I could us the breakage defense shampo. Later when I brought it home I realized it actually said, "for women OF color breakage defense. No wonder nobody in Logan bought it!

Spread The Love, Share Our Article

Related Posts

5 Response to Fancy Shampoo

August 13, 2008 at 3:13 PM

This story just made my day.

August 14, 2008 at 3:06 PM

HAHAHAHA, poor Becky! I totally hit up big lots for shampoo too, it works the same as the expensive stuff, or at least it does on my hair!

August 18, 2008 at 2:02 AM

ha ha. It will probably be even more healing than.

I always wonder why "women of color" only applies to african decent. Any other color isn't color... or at least the way I have heard it used.

I LOVE PANTENE. I know, I usually don't buy into name brands. generic works fine, but I just really don't like VO5. it makes my hair feel tangled, and conditioner is important to me. I am really picky with conditioner, and I love the pantene "green" conditioner... and I do buy that. I also like the herbal essence conditioner but refuse to buy it because I HATE THEIR COMERCIALS. Forget that I don't like the skankyness of getting O's from a shampoo... it isn't even funny. I don't feel cheep conditioner does anything for me. SHampoo, however, rarely matters for me.

but yes, I am going through a high maintenance transformation, of which I am ashamed. I got sick of grocery store make up and once bought fancier make-up, and actually think I will again (for somethings). I have had grocery store stuff "curdle" on me and change color. ... sometimes, I am learning the value is better on more expensive things. Not always, but sometimes they are worth the extra money, and since I have learned you can return make up to most department stores, it is n't so bad. I can try it and take it back, try something else, until I find something I actually like, and then it is worth 15 bucks for something instead of 7 at walmart. Long story . sorry, I am chatty tonight. but like the burts bees chapstick, for me it is worth the extra 1- 2 dollars, because even if it cost twice as much, it works 10 times better on my lips. blah blah blah. I shush now

August 18, 2008 at 10:32 AM

I LOVE PANTENE!!

August 18, 2008 at 4:13 PM

That is so funny! And it sounds totally like something I would do too! On that note - Do you like the shampoo?